Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thirteen Months and Number Six

I'm a little late posting this, and I've been meaning to post for a while now. April was a pretty busy month for us, from Peter's first birthday party to our trip to England, we just didn't seem to stop. And Peter hasn't stopped growing or learning either. Now that he's over a year, he doesn't go back to the pediatrician until 15 months, so I won't have growth stats until then, but he is definitely getting bigger.


He is walking much better and has even started to master running. He absolutely loves going to the playground, and starts squirming the closer we get. While he still loves the swings, he is also enjoying the sandbox, the slide and the large grass area where he can run around. I recently took him on his birthday trike, and it was the hit of the park.


He is also trying so hard to do the things that we do. I started noticing it when he would dust the tv, but it became very obvious on the plane home from England. After they had served the tea, Peter was trying so hard to get to something on the tray. Since Geoff didn't want his tea, I gave his cup to Peter along with the stirrer. Peter immediately started to "stir" his (empty) tea cup, just like he watched me do a few minutes earlier. Not long after that, I noticed him taking tissues or napkins or anything like that, scrunching up his nose and "blowing".


He is eating like a champ, and while we are still cautious about the dairy, there is little else that holds him back. He is getting much better at feeding himself with a spoon, he's able to get the food on the spoon himself and the mess is much less than it used to be. He also is now able to drink out of a straw, and is starting to try to drink out of a cup. There is more water ending up on the floor than in his mouth, but it is a start.


Sleep is hit or miss, but it has seem to be getting better. For the most part, napping has been improving. He is moving to one nap a day, although every once in a while he will take two. He is not getting up nearly as much in the night anymore, maybe one or two times, and all that we really need to do is lay him back down. There have a been a few nights recently where he hasn't gotten up at all, so that is a move in the right direction.


On Tuesday, tooth number six made its appearance. It is the fourth front upper tooth. Now we are waiting for the one year molars to come through.


There are more pictures in the May album, which I will keep updating throughout the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails