Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Twenty-Two Months!

Hard to believe that we only have two months until Peter is two, but that is all that is left of his ones. He is still so big, and everyone keeps pointing it out to us. His teeth are just about all in, just one left to finish before we have to deal with his two year old molars (which will hopefully not be as hard as his first set).


Conversations are getting a lot easier as Peter is saying more and more words, although most still revolve around "big twuck"s. He can now talk about "twain"s and "pane"s, although helicopter is still giving his trouble. He can point out "Mummy shoe" and "Mummy coat", as well as Dada's or his own. Everything that Geoff and I own is "big", and anything that he owns is "mine". In fact, some of what Geoff and I own is "mine" as well, and it isn't pretty if we try to take it back.


He is a big fan of dancing, and starts to bop to music whenever he hears it. He also loves to sing. He will sing "lala Elmo", and if you keep singing Elmo's Song, he will say "catchy" just like Big Bird. I'm still trying to get that on video, and will (hopefully) post it once I do. He also gets excited to sing "tink tink" (little star) at bedtime, and even helps me make a diamond shape in the sky when we get to that part of the song.


He loves to eat, but is starting to get picky about what he'll have. He refused to have (cow's) milk, even if we try to make it chocolate. He is on a pancake kick right now, but he just got over his waffle kick, so I'm not sure how long it will last. He will still eat fruit, but is pulling away from vegetables. He seems to be done with fish for the moment, but is much more into chicken than he was before. Grilled cheese is still his favorite, but only on whole wheat. If we can have sweet potato fries, that's even better. And he often asks for "appo juice" by name, although he really likes "orj juice" as well.


And finally from BabyCenter.com

At twenty-two months, most children:
Can kick a ball forward - Peter has been doing this for months now. Eventually I'll get up the videos.
Follow two step requests - He can do this as well, although he often doesn't want to.

At twenty-two months, half the children:
Can do simple puzzles - He's been doing this for a while now, and has a few puzzles that he absolutely loves, including one with construction trucks.
Draw a straight line - He's still pretty much just scribbling at this point.
Name several body parts - Oh yes, including head, nose, hands, tummy, knee, foot, toes...

At twenty-two months, a few children:
Put on loose fitting clothes - He definitely tries to dress himself, but can only get most things on half way.
Might be ready for a big bed - We are keeping him in the crib for as long as we can, but I'm not sure that he would stay in a bed if we tried to switch him. He does like to nap in my bed with me, and refuses to nap in the crib now. (Not that I'm complaining, it means that I get a nap.)
Understands opposites - Not sure that he's really there yet, but he does understand big and small and hot and cold.


There are more pictures in our February album on Picasa, which I will continue to update throughout the month. I am also still working on those videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails