Sleeping has not been going well the past two weeks, and I think it might have had something to do with all the excitement of the christening and Jay's visit. Now I am trying to get him to sleep in those nice long stretches again, but I'm afraid that he's gotten into the bad habit of eating in the middle of the night. He is still exclusively breastfed, and I am not quite yet ready to try solids, although I think that he may be getting there. He is definitely interested in what we are eating, and especially what Peter is eating. I forgot to ask about it when we were at the doctor this month, but I'm thinking that I may mention it next month.
He is also still very much interested in what big brother is doing, and is thrilled when Peter plays with him. He is laughing much more now, and loves to be the center of attention. He is not a fan of sitting, it seems that he wants to go straight to standing. He is doing much better with tummy time, and it seems like he might start crawling any time now, as he as almost gotten the movement down. He has started playing with toys, which is making it easier for Peter to play with him. He tries to transfer them from hand to hand and is definitely putting everything he gets his hand on into his mouth.
And finally, even though BabyCenter.com no longer has the chart format, a blog that I read also used it so:
At four months, most children can:
Smile, laugh - Yes, he loves it when people are paying attention to him
Can bear weight on legs - Has been doing this for what seems like forever
Coos when you talk to him - He can get quite vocal when he's in a good mood (which is often)
At four months, half the children can:
Grasp a toy - He does this, he loves the moose that Scott got for him, and there are a few toys that Peter passed down that he likes to try to eat
Roll over from tummy to back - Has not done this yet
At four months, a few children can:
Imitate sounds (“baba,” “dada”) - Not yet
Cuts first tooth - Not yet, and I hope that this doesn't happen for a while
May be ready for solid foods - He is interested in anything that we are doing, but we aren't going to start solids quite yet.
At four months, half the children can:
Grasp a toy - He does this, he loves the moose that Scott got for him, and there are a few toys that Peter passed down that he likes to try to eat
Roll over from tummy to back - Has not done this yet
At four months, a few children can:
Imitate sounds (“baba,” “dada”) - Not yet
Cuts first tooth - Not yet, and I hope that this doesn't happen for a while
May be ready for solid foods - He is interested in anything that we are doing, but we aren't going to start solids quite yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment