Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Eleven Months!

I am so very late in posting this, although I did get the photos done on time this month. It just took me forever to measure Charles, since we don't go to the doctor this month. We are estimating that he is about 19 lbs 8 oz and 30.5 inches long. I cannot believe that he is already eleven months, and we have less than a month left until he turns one. This year has gone by so fast.


He is eating like a champ, which I think is helping the jump in weight from last month. He is a big fan of feeding himself, but has started to use the pouches again. He loves to share, and will even pull open our hands to give us things (especially puffs). He is also so close to walking, he takes about three steps before sitting down and crawling. But I really think that it is time for me to keep the video camera out to catch his first real steps. Sleep is still not great, and we are trying to break him of his middle of the night feeding habit, but haven't been able to yet. I'm hoping that soon he'll be able to move into the bedroom with Peter, but that won't happen until he can sleep all the way through.


But since I am so late, let's get on to BabyCenter.com.

At eleven months, most children can:
Say “mama” or “dada” to the correct parent – He has just started doing this, more "mama" than "dada"
Play patty cake and peek-a-boo – He loves to play peek-a-boo, almost any time he has a blanket or napkin or anything he can put over her face
Stand alone for a couple of seconds – Yes
Cruise – All the time

At eleven months, about half the children can:
Understand “no” and simple instructions – Definitely does understand, and even follows sometimes
Put objects in a container – Loves to do this, and is also trying to use his shape sorters, but isn't quite able to maneuver the shapes into the slots

At eleven months, a few children can:
Say one word besides “mama” or “dada” – Not really, but he desperately wants to
Stoop from standing position – Yes, but mostly to start crawling


This month has been a photo fail, but there are a few pictures in our January album on Picasa (you have to be logged in to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails