Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Thirty-Four Months!

Once again, I forgot to post this update last week, I guess I was distracted by Nemo. Peter is taking very well to his big boy bed, not getting out by himself in the night even though naps haven't been quite as successful. Then again naps didn't always work in the crib either, so I guess there isn't much change there.

From BabyCenter.com

At thirty-three and thirty-four months, most children can:
Names one color - He can name many colors, and has been doing this for a while now
Names one friend - He names many friends, and has been doing this for a while as well
Carries on a simple conversation - He can do this too, he has gotten much more talkative

At thirty-three and thirty-four months, half the children can:
Alternates feet going up and down stairs - He does this when he is holding someone's hand, but not when he's holding the banister by himself and he doesn't do it all the time.
Uses prepositions (e.g., on, in, over) - Check
Speaks clearly most of the time (75 percent can be understood) - Hard to say since he seems to be using a lot of made up words, but a lot of what he says does make sense so probably.
Stacks eight blocks - I haven't actually counted, but he does make high towers

At thirty-three and thirty-four months, a few children can:
Is toilet trained during the day - No, but we are going to try again next weekend. It would be nice if he was toilet trained before the baby was born but I'm not holding my breath.
Wiggles thumb - He says that he can't and refuses to try.
Expresses a wide range of emotions - Oh yes
Draws a stick figure - I haven't seen him do this, and he still kind of is drawing in scribbles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails