Friday, March 8, 2013

Two Weeks Later

I started having contractions about 4:30 in the morning on February 22, and things progressed quickly from there. When we spoke with the doctor, they said that we had plenty of time, but to come in anyway since they wanted to monitor me. We woke up Peter, got him dressed and ready and headed out. By the time we had dropped him off and got to the hospital, I was already nine centimeters and almost ready to push. Charles was born about half an hour later.

Geoff said it was like a scene out of the movies, with me being wheeled up to labor and delivery (by security). Overall, it was a very different experience than last time.

Recovery this time was also a lot easier, with sitting being the biggest obstacle, mostly due to the bruised tailbone (which is still sore). I am down about 21 pounds from when I was 39 weeks, and I am feeling much better. Finally, here is the belly picture comparison of my 39 week picture (the last one that I took) and today. I find it pretty shocking how much I've changed in just over two weeks, and I think that this picture really doesn't do justice to how much my stomach has gone down. I will be back tomorrow with updates of both Peter and Charles, once I finish going through the pictures.

39 Weeks
2 Weeks Postpartum



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails